CHARLES P. LAKE/RAIN FOR RENT
2017 SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Rain for Rent is pleased to announce its 2017 Scholarship Program. Fifteen scholarships in the
amount of $1,500.00 each will be awarded to qualified students to help them pursue a career in
agriculture, engineering or construction management.
Students may read about the Charles P. Lake/Rain for Rent Scholarship on the Rain for
Rent website - http://www.rainforrent.com/company/scholarship.htm
Students must apply on the Charles P. Lake/Rain for Rent application form attached to
this e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application is April 30, 2017.
Scholarship applicants must be nearing completion of their freshman year at an approved
college/university and must be currently enrolled for the next school year within the following
1. Applicants must have an overall grade point average of 3.0 or above.
2. Applicant’s education emphasis must be in agriculture or engineering with a major in
agricultural, mechanical, civil, manufacturing engineering or construction management.
3. Preference will be given to those students who are specializing in irrigation technology,
pumps, fluid dynamics and trenchless technology.
4. Students must be a U.S. citizen.
5. In the event that the applicants are equal in their academic achievements and
extracurricular activities, the scholarship will be awarded on the basis of need.
6. Official transcripts must be submitted for each applicant but may be sent under
7. Successful applicants must attend a Rain for Rent orientation and provide us with a
photo for promotional purposes.
You have received this letter as a student majoring in agriculture, engineering or
construction management. You may forward your application along with your official
transcripts directly to our Scholarship Coordinator, Carol Cunningham. All applications
and official transcripts must arrive prior to the April 30th deadline. These applications will
then be presented to our Scholarship Committee for final selection on or before May 31, 2017.
Payment of the scholarship will be made upon completion of the requirements provided in the
Please direct any questions to our Scholarship Coordinator, Carol Cunningham at 661-399-
9124, extension 185, e-mail email@example.com, or address 3404 State Road, P. O.
Box 2248, Bakersfield, California 93303.